Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Little Birdie Told Me

Happy Wednesday, my friends. Can you believe September is more than half over already? Where does the time go? Yesterday was my 60th birthday. I worked all day and came home to relax. Not a big celebration but a quiet day with lots of nice surprises. When I got to work there were flowers and a book on my desk from my co-workers. My youngest son sent me roses. They are gorgeous! When they open a bit more I'll share a picture of them. My husband bought me a new frying pan, made me a compost bin (that I've been wanting for while now) and we have tickets to a Piano Guys concert in December. We love them! If you have never seen one of their videos, here's a link to their videos. Pick any one of them to watch. You can't go wrong. If the music doesn't grab you (an I know it will) the scenery will. This will be our third concert to see them. We've gotten to meet them too and they are just so nice.
So my card today is a fun one. I really like how it turned out.


The image is Apple Blossom Birds at From the Heart Stamps. I colored them with Copic markers. The sentiment is a random stamp that I received in a blog candy. It was a package of sentiment stamps so I have no idea what company made it. But it seemed to for so well with this image. I used some scraps from my scrap box for the background paper and used faux stitching around the entire card. The final embellishment is a metal piece that I found at Target. It was a package of several different metal pieces and I decided this would make a nice sun to complete my little scene. I used the sketch from {i heart sketches with a twist}#118 but I didn't use the twist this week (make it interactive).
I am entering these challenges:
Thanks for stopping by so early this morning. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get this posted before I went to work. Make it an awesome Wednesday!
Hugs,

Donna


7 comments:

Stef H said...

this is absolutely darling! you chose the perfect color scheme for this too.

hope your birthday was the best ever!

have a great week!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

I love this pretty little image - it's so sweet and you have coloured it beautifully, Thanks for joining in at I (heart) card sketches at From the Heart Stamps :-)

Pam said...

What a super sweet little card and image! I just love the darling little bluebirds!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

MaryH said...

Happy Birthday & you are still just a youngster! I'm so glad everyone made it a wonderful day for you...and that you can end it with anticipation of enjoying a concert still to come. Love the tiny blue lovebirds with the pretty pink blossoms. Nice take on the sketch and the swirly embellie fits perfectly with the sunrays on your focal image. Love the way all the stitching is done, and the combined patterns of the pretty dp borders. TFS & hugs. And an extra to celebrate your special day!

Imke said...

Happy belated Birthday, Donna ! Sounds like you had a wonderful day !

Your Card is sweet and i like how you´ve created the sun. Very creative.

Thanks for joining our Sketch Challenge with a Twist # 118 @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Kathy S said...

WooHoo. Happy 60th! These birds are so sweet and are really highlighted with the Sketch of the Week design. The extra stitching around the edges really highlights the image and the design. Thanks for sharing this with us at From The Heart Stamps Sketch of the Week. Take care.

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card and great idea for the sun! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist hope to see you again next time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...