Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Embossed Ornaments

When you don't work on Monday, Tuesday becomes Monday. LOL! It seems to take me all of Tuesday to get back into the swing at work and remember what I was doing on Friday. I have CRS (Can't Remember Stuff) so Tuesday can be a challenge.
Another nice day weather-wise. I walked with a co-worker at lunch today. Let me tell you, she can move fast. I was sweaty and tired by the time I got back to the office. So I must have been thinking of cooler weather when I made tonight's card: Christmas!


All month long Beccy, from Beccy's Place is showcasing a Christmas card each day and challenging us to make a card using the same technique or color or whatever the challenge might be that day. I made this card for the embossing challenge. Her card used both dry embossing and and embossing folder. So I wanted to try that also. So this is my ornament embossing folder that I inked up with VersaMark ink and then embossed with gold embossing powder. I need a little more practice but I am not unhappy with the result. I added an embossed sentiment on vellum attached with two gold brads. I added a layer of black card stock on a red card base. The sentiment is from Gina K stamps.
I am entering these challenges:

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you get a chance to check out Beccy's Place this month. She always has some amazing inspiration. I'm not a design team member. I just enjoy her digital stamps and I love her blog. Make it an awesome Wednesday!

Donna

5 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so beautiful, Donna! I absolutely LOVE embossing! It's my favorite technique!

Beccy said...

I love the result of your double embossing Donna, I think you did a great job. I really like the artsy look you get from this technique, it's quite different than using a stamped image. The vellum at the top of the card looks fabulous... great sentiment!
Cheers,
Beccy

Pam said...

This is a very pretty card! I love embossing, it's one of my favorite techniques!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for playing with us at CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra!
Monica - DT

Teresa Kline said...

hello Donna! a super cute card, luv the design! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...