Sunday, January 17, 2016

Bugaboo Birthday Celebration

Welcome back to a second post for today. I'm excited about Bugaboo's birthday celebration. All week they will have challenges to celebrate. All cards are supposed to be birthday cards and I love that since I wanted to get stocked up

Today I have the first two cards for the celebration. Day 1's theme was "wild thing you make my heart sing." Here's my card for Day 1.


I'm kind of stretching the jungle theme here but I suppose there could be fish in the jungle. There has to be some water in the jungle, right? I kind of went with a blue theme here. The image is Birthday Fishes and I colored it with Copics. I just cut around the frame and added it to the card with the background a plaid piece from my scrap box. Just an easy CAS card.
I am entering these challenges:



Day 2 is a sketch day.
I am really pleased with this card. The bear image is called Bear Cook but I wasn't able to find it on the Bugaboo site so it may be retired. The cupcake image is called Sprinkle in my files but I couldn't find it on the Bugaboo site. I fussy cut the cupcake and popped it up. The bear is die cut with MFT Cross Stitched Oval Stax. The stripes are washi tape and it matches perfectly with the colors in the image. The sentiment is from Desert Diva. Love the sentiment with the cupcake! This card will likely go to one of my nieces. I'm sure she will love the pink.
I am entering these challenges:
I'm looking forward to playing with the rest of the challenges this week. I hope to keep up since I do have to work this week. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for stopping by. Stay warm out there. It's brrrrrr weather here.

Donna

13 comments:

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your blue fish card- and your bear is sooo sweet. I just printed out images to do this challenge. Look forward to seeing the rest of your challenge cards.

Stef H said...

all of these are aaaaaaaaa dorable. but then, bugaboo has some really cute images!

i'll take the cold over snow anyday - tho that's a really hard toss-up LOL.

stay warm and have a great week.

hugs :)

Virgo5 said...

Love your cards, and thanks for playing in our Birthday Bash challenges at Catch The Bug!

Linda Anderson said...

Hi Donna!!! Had to pop over and take a look at your fabulous cards!!! Love both of 'em!! The first one is fun, and perfectly CAS!!! Love the washi tape you used for your sketch card too along with combining the two images. Can't wait to see what else you create this week. Thanks for joining us for our birthday celebration over at Catch the Bug.

Linda

Theresa said...

cute cards. i like the fishes one as blue is my colour. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa Dt xx

MaryH said...

Of COURSE there's fish in the jungle! Think about the pirhannas in the rivers (not that your cutie looks like one!). This is just fun and I like the corner design and use of the plaid paper too! On #2, another fun one, and great way to get the stripe design done with the washi tape. Very cleverly done, and the card is adorable! Hope you had a good Monday, and could stay cozy in the cold! TFS & have a great week. Hugs

Kathy said...

Wow, these are both too cute. I love the plaid paper and cute fish in the first one. And the colors are gorgeous in the second one. Both look great! Thanks for playing along with Bugaboo's Birthday Bash!

Jen Leeflang said...

I think the fish card is super! Thanks for celebrating our 6th Birthday with us at Bugaboo Stamps - we hope to see you join us every day. Good luck in the draw!
luv
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO DT

Craft Paper said...

Such sweet cards. Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts.

Colleen said...

I think you are so right, there is water in the jungles...rivers, no doubt and with rivers come fish...maybe some piranhas? At any rate, it is a delightful image and perfect for a fun birthday card. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

cass said...

Cute cards. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Glenda J said...

These are all so fun and super cute. Well done. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...