Sunday, October 23, 2016

Do you use ombre?

With the birth of the twins I took a break with some of my design team responsibilities for a few weeks but I managed to get a card done this week for The Outlawz CAS challenge. This week's challenge is ombre. So I tried this several different times with different methods and I can safely say that I need lots of practice to make my ombre look right. LOL!


I put several shades of blue distress inks on a large block and then spritzed it with water. Then covered my block with water color paper. The rest was just simple stamping from a retired Simon Says stamp set. The snowflakes were stamped in the background from a retired Peachy Keen stamp set. (Most of my stamps are retired. I haven't bought stamps in quite some time.) I hope you'll give ombre a try and join us this week at The Outlawz CAS challenge. I am entering these challenges.
We are in the process of moving our daughter and SIL from a one bedroom to a two bedroom apartment. Yesterday we found a dresser, a changing table, and a rocking chair at the Restore for Habitat for Humanity. We cleaned them all up and re-stained some places and they are as good as new. We found out yesterday that there are no overhead lights in the bedrooms so I need to shop for a lamp for the twin's room. Yesterday we moved the living room/dining room area and part of the kitchen. There's a lot more to do so we'll be back at it today. And then we'll have to clean the one bedroom apartment. Lots of fun! Not! Have an awesome Sunday. And I hope your week gets off to a great start. This will be my last full week of work before I retire. Wednesday afternoon my boss is holding a retirement reception for me.

Donna


10 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Wow Donna, you have so much on your plate yet you still found the time to honor your design team obligations. Well, it's a very cool card? No pun intended. Your daughter is so lucky to have you and your husband to help do these things and the trade off is a lovely daughter/son-in-law and some beautiful grandchildren. I can't wait for you to start enjoying your retirement. Be sure to take some time for yourself!

Lisa Lynn said...

It's a technique that is is just as hard to say as to do, hehe. Great job, I still can't do it, and get too frustrated. Make sure you are using good lifting techniques to protect your back with all that moving - sorry it's the nurse in me. Have a good weekend.

Pam said...

I think your blue ombre turned out great, love the added snowflakes!
I'm sure your daughter and SIL appreciate all the hard work you are doing to help them and they will be happy to finally settle in with the new little ones! It is so much work moving but fun finding things to fix up and finding a use for them. I love yard sales, thrift stores and flea markets! To me it is a treasure hunt. Found some awesome things this past weekend.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. The mittens are so cute. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Anonymous said...

i love the mix of blues on this very pretty and whimsical card! It's a good think you're helping out because the parents will be tired caring for the little ones. i had a preemie and i was always tired. :) thank you so much for playing along with us at the rudolph days challenge!
linda
rudolph days challenge DT

MagsB said...

What a lovely card, Donna, I love blue and white for Christmas cards, it's such a fresh look! Good luck with the move, and congrats to your daughter and SIL on the birth of the twins! :) Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Glenda Atkins said...

That is one terrific background Donna, fab card, love it.
hugs
Glenda

sweet art designs said...

Beautiful colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Debbie said...

Pretty card!! Ombre is so cool! I'll have to try your technique!

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Such a great card. Thanks for joining us for our SNOW/SNOWMEN challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...