Saturday, November 26, 2016

White on White with a Pop of Red

Happy weekend! It's been a really nice weekend for us. Both of our boys are visiting for the holiday. They may not be back for Christmas so we are soaking up as much time as we can with them. Today the twins came to our house for the first time. They aren't allowed in public but their parents came for a meal and they visited with the family while they were in town. The uncles (our sons) got to meet their niece and nephew for the first time. It was a really nice day with lots of hands around to help with the babies. Tomorrow both of the boys will be heading home. I will be sad to see them go but they have a life elsewhere and we just try to spend as much time as we can with them when the opportunity to be together presents itself. It's been awesome. I'll miss them again.
We have a new challenge beginning at The Outlaw CAS challenge. The challenge this week is quite interesting. I made two cards for this one; hated the first card I made so I found a little time to make another one this afternoon. This is what I came up with.


I won a blog candy on Kittie Caracciolo of KitteKraft. The candy arrived in the mail today and it included this Sizzix embossing folder of a door. So I decided to use that embossing folder and add the pop of red as the Poppy Stamps wreath die. The added banner, die cut with MFT Pierced Banner Flags is embossed on vellum and extends across the wreath. It certainly is better than my first idea so I am thankful to Kittie and the postal worker who delivered it today. 
I am entering these challenges:
I hope you'll join our white with a pop of red challenge at The Outlawz CAS. It was a real challenge for me. Hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend, my US friends. Tricia will go back to work this week so I'm not sure yet how that will affect my schedule. I would think I will be spending more time with the twins but we'll see. She still didn't have her schedule yet for work. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderfully crafty Sunday!

Donna


8 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I've never seen an embossed door....very cool. I won something from her about a year ago. Sounds like you had a lot of live going on these past few days....how wonderful. Mi think your door expresses all the happy that was inside the house beyond the door.

Virginia L. said...

This card is so welcoming! Love the festive door and use of vellum and wreath Die! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Christmas to Die For” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Stunning card, love your embossed door and wreath!
Thank you for your lovely entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Pam said...

Your card is very pretty, I really like the embossed door. I also won an embossing folder from Kittie a little while back.
So happy you all got to spend time together and family got to visit with the babies. I know how much you will miss your sons, I miss my family too!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Beccy said...

I love door cards like this Donna, they make me think of home and family, which is what Christmas is all about. The red wreath adds a fabulous pop of colour and the sentiment is wonderful. Well done!
Cheers,
Beccy

Amy Seigler said...

The embossed door is really cool! Love the red wreath and vellum sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 309 - hope to see you again soon x

Andreja said...

Beautiful Christmas card you made :-))
Thanks for playing with Scrapping4funChallenges.
Hugs, Andreja

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...